The Nomination Committee of Horse Council BC (HCBC), in accordance with the organization’s bylaws, is seeking candidates for positions of Officer specializing in Coaching, Officer specializing in Competition, and Officer in General for two-year terms, and Secretary/Treasurer for a one-year term, to join the Executive Committee and the Board of Directors, with terms commencing November 2, 2019.
All Officers are, by default, Directors and as such represent and are accountable to the membership and are responsible for governing and overseeing the strategic direction of HCBC. Together, Officers form the Executive Committee, which acts for and in the name of the Board in the month-to-month oversight of the affairs of the Society. The effectiveness of HCBC is directly dependent upon the leadership and enthusiasm of the Board of Directors.
The Nominations Committee urges you to consider the following desirable qualities, some or all of which strong candidates should possess:
- Awareness and understanding of the role of HCBC and a desire to support it.
- Awareness and involvement in the horse community in British Columbia.
- Previous leadership or board experience.
- Understanding of the Officer’s position and responsibilities.
- Understanding management reports, and risk management.
- Ability to read and understand financial statements.
- Well-developed faculty for critical analysis.
- High ethical standards and integrity in professional and personal dealings.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to chair and/or commit time to committees, workshops and events.
Nominees must be HCBC members in good standing, and must be supported by two HCBC members in good standing and a current HCBC Director.
The nomination package, which outlines the expectations of Officers of HCBC together with their role and responsibilities, is available HERE.
Nominations close at 4:00 PM, Thursday, September 5, 2019.
If you have any questions about the process and/or associated information, please contact the HCBC office at 1-800-345-8055 or email: email@example.com, or the Chair of Nomination Committee, Gord Mackenzie at firstname.lastname@example.org.