About Horse Community Journals Inc.:
Join our team!
We are Canada’s leader in multi-media marketing for the horse industry, serving Canada’s equestrian audience through the following media venues: Canadian Horse Journal, Canada’s leading general-interest horse magazine; Canada’s Equine Guide, Canada’s annual guide for horse people; HORSEJournals.com, the most comprehensive horse industry website in Canada; The Hoofbeat, a popular weekly e-newsletter; and a thriving social media community on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. We have set the standard for quality, value and service to the horse industry since 1991. HCJI is an exciting and friendly place to work and grow.
- Provide service to our existing client list, build and nurture relationships with current and new clients, and offer excellent customer service;
- Develop new business through prospecting and cold calling, selling advertising and related services for print and web;
- Prepare and deliver proposals to prospects and clients;
- Assist the sales manager with regular tasks such as data entry, preparing promotional mail-outs, e-blasts, and other maintenance duties and marketing initiatives for print and web;
- Have at least one year’s experience in sales and customer service;
- Demonstrate a general understanding of both print and digital advertising;
- Be a positive and self-motivated individual who works well both independently and with a team;
- Enjoy a busy work environment, handle changing priorities with ease while staying efficient and organized, and always be willing to assist in any other areas as needed;
- Possess excellent organizational skills, strong interpersonal skills, superior written and verbal communications skills, competent computer skills including accurate keyboarding, and excellent attention to detail;
- Have knowledge of the horse industry and, at minimum, two years of horse experience;
- Be available to attend industry events such as trade shows periodically.