Bringing Free Dressage Education to BC in November 2018
Equestrian Canada (EC) is pleased to announce that the 2018 Dressage Levy Performance Advantage Symposium, offered at no cost to 2018 Dressage Levy contributors, will take place November 17-18, 2018, at the High Point Equestrian Centre in Langley, BC.
The Dressage Levy Performance Advantage Symposium is back by popular demand to provide a free, two-day learning experience with dressage experts after a successful inaugural year in 2017.
Jacqueline Brooks and her Olympic mount, D Niro, presented a special performance at the 2017 Dressage Levy Performance Advantage Symposium held at Caledon Equestrian Park. Photo: Equestrian.ca
“It was an incredible opportunity to get coaching and feedback from two of Canada’s top judges and one of Canada’s top trainers, all at the same time,” said Laurel Adams, a demo rider at the 2017 Symposium. “It was wonderful to work with and watch so much talent in one day.”
The 2018 Symposium will provide the same exclusive access to top dressage athletes, coaches, and officials at no cost to participants who contributed to the 2018 Dressage Levy. The event will focus on improving performance and addressing common mistakes at all levels, with emphasis on perfecting the second- and fourth-level tests. Attendance hours will also count towards EC coaching certification maintenance.
2017 Symposium participant, Daisy Kosa, commented, “The symposium offered an opportunity to update knowledge, skills, and attitudes that are important to coaches, riders, trainers, judges, sponsors, and supporters.”
The 2018 Symposium features two full days of educational opportunities with an exciting lineup of workshops:
- Rising Stars Equitation Pilot
- Massage Therapy (Human and Equine)
- Perfecting Test Riding
- Performance Analysis
- Walk-a-Test Workshop
- Youth Development
- Young Horse Development
The lineup of world-class symposium speakers will include:
- Cara Whitham – EC Senior Dressage/Eventing/Jumper Judge, retired FEI 5* Dressage Judge and Eventing Judge
- Leslie Reid – 2004 Athens and 2008 Beijing Olympic athlete, EC certified High Performance 1 Coach
- Lorraine MacDonald – EC & USEF Senior Dressage Judge, retired FEI 4* Dressage Judge
- Jaimey Irwin – 2013 Gothenburg FEI World Cup Dressage competitor, EC certified High Performance 1 Coach
- Tina Irwin – 2011 Guadalajara Pan American Games dressage silver medallist, EC certified High Performance 1 Coach
- Liz Steacie – High Performance Dressage Athlete & Member of the EC Dressage Committee
- Caroline Archambault – Canadian Equestrian Team Massage Therapist
A Town Hall discussion with the EC Dressage Committee will also be held. A full symposium schedule and details will be released shortly.
Symposium Pricing & Registration
Dressage competitors who contribute to the Dressage Levy program in 2018 will receive a full access weekend pass for the Symposium at no cost. Non-competitors who purchase 2018 EC Dressage Affiliate status will receive a discount of $25 in recognition of their support.
- Education Weekend Pass (2018 Dressage Levy Contributors): FREE
- Education Weekend Pass (Dressage Affiliates): $75
- Education Weekend Pass (General Public): $100
- Education One-Day Pass (Dressage Affiliates): $40
- Education One-Day Pass (General Public): $50
Lunch is provided daily with registration.
Pre-Registration is required for the Dressage Levy Performance Advantage Symposium.
A rapt audience at the 2017 Symposium.Photo: © EC/Caroline Soble
To register, please visit the Online Symposium Registration Portal. Please note that space is limited and this event will fill up quickly!
About the Dressage Levy Program
All EC sanctioned Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum Dressage competitions collect and remit $10 per horse entered in the competition to Equestrian Canada. Revenue generated from the Levy is used to support talent identification, personal development and the high performance teams representing Canada at major games. For more information, watch the Video.
To Register for the Dressage Levy Performance Advantage Symposium, visit Register Today!
Main photo: L-R: Lorraine MacDonald, Christilot Hanson-Boylen, and Cara Whitham at the 2017 Symposium. Photo: Equestrian.ca