2024 Horse Council BC Memberships
As of September 5, all 2024 HCBC Memberships are available for purchase!
Forgot to Renew for 2023?
We are also offering the rest of 2023 and all of 2024 for the combination price of:
- 2023/2024 Adult Membership: $87.00 + gst/pst = $97.44/member (19 or over as of January 1, 2023)
- 2023/2024 Youth Associate: $69.00 + gst/pst = $77.28/member (18 or under as of January 1, 2023)
- 2023/2024 Family Enrollment*: $213.00 + gst/pst = $238.56/family
2024 Membership Rates:
- 2024 Adult Membership: $67.00 + gst/pst = $75.04/member (19 or over as of January 1, 2024)
- 2024 Youth Associate: $49.00 + gst/pst = $54.88/member (18 or under as of January 1, 2024)
- 2024 Family Enrollment*: $158.00 + gst/pst = $176.96/family
*Family Enrollment: Minimum of three people defined as parent(s) or legal guardian(s) and their minor children residing at the same address. Maximum two adults per family. Each member will receive their own number.
New for 2024
HCBC is going green! All HCBC Membership Cards will be sent digitally. Printed cards will be available for purchase for $5.60 — just check the box to indicate that you would like to receive the printed version.
BC SUMMER GAMES 2024
The Road to Maple Ridge 2024 Starts Now!
The 2024 BC Summer Games will be held at the Maple Ridge Equi-Sports Centre July 18 to 21, 2024.
New technical packages and qualifying criteria are available now. Please read carefully as some information has changed from previous years.
BC EQUESTRIAN TRAILS FUND UPDATE
Congratulations to the Back Country Horsemen of BC Vancouver Island North Chapter on receiving funding for their Spruce Loop trail rehabilitation project on Denman Island.
Lacking volunteers to get your project off the ground? Consider having your club partner up with another trail organization to get support to bring your project to fruition.
ATV BC is interested in working with equestrians on multi-use trails. Contact email@example.com if you are interested in partnering with a BC ATV club.
The third quarter cut-off for the BC Equestrian Trails Fund grant applications is September 30, 2023.
BACK TO SCHOOL – HIGH SCHOOL CREDITS
The External Credentials Program (ECP) gives students in grades 10, 11 and 12 the opportunity to earn graduation credits for sport learning through approved industrial and occupational courses.
Students who have been certified in one or more of the following programs are eligible to receive graduation credits:
- English Rider Preparation 1,2 of the 1-8 program (two Grade 10 credits)
- English Rider Preparation 3-6 of the 1-8 program (four Grade 11 credits)
- English Rider Preparation 7,8 of the 1-8 program (four Grade 12 credits)
- Western Rider Preparation 1 (two Grade 10 credits)
- Western Rider Preparation 2 (two Grade 10 credits)
- Western Rider Preparation 3 (four Grade 11 credits)
- Western Rider Preparation 4 (four Grade 12 credits)
- Vault Development Level 3B (four Grade 10 credits)
The Ministry of Education is responsible for the External Credentials program and the review of the programs is monitored by the Sport Branch of the Ministry of Tourism, Sport and the Arts.
Note: Students who have been certified in the approved courses before they reach grade 10 can receive credit for their past learning by providing the certificate of course completion to their high school counsellor.
How to Earn Credits
Obtain the appropriate Rider Level with an Equestrian Canada Certified Coach.
Provide the certificate of course completion to your school counsellor.
For more information, visit the Ministry of Education website.