Canadian Horse Journal - Autumn 2019
In This Issue
- Rider Prejudice Against Mares - Recent research reveals negative attitudes towards the equine fairer sex.
- To Blanket or Not? - Certain blanket types could be causing horses to overheat.
- Soldier On! - Canadian Armed Forces members and veterans saddle up and find healing with the RCMP.
- Horses Above the Clouds - Horses can fly! An inside look at the business of shipping horses by air.
- The Unplanned Dismount - Learn how to reduce the risk of injury when the inevitable happens.
- Effective Footwork - Try these focused groundwork exercises to improve your horse’s body symmetry, posture, and core muscles.
- Hard Landing - George Morris receives a lifetime ban from SafeSport. What does it mean?
- Feed the Growing Horse - How to meet your youngster’s nutritional needs for maintenance, growth and development.
- Does Your Horse Have TMD? - Head tossing, bit resistance, baffling behaviour. Could a disease of the temporomandibular joint be causing these symptoms?
- Happy Hyoids! - A close look at the anatomy and function of the equine hyoid apparatus and the far-reaching impact of an unhappy hyoid.
- Country Homes & Acreages
- Horse Council BC News
- Celebration of Horses Photo Contest
- Manitoba Horse Council News
- Canadian Therapeutic Riding Association News
Buy Your Issue Here
Digital Preview Url:https://issuu.com/canadianhorsejournal/docs/chj-sample-autumn2019