Location: Sidney, BC
Anticipated Start Date: May 2014
Join our team!
We publish Canada’s leading general-interest horse magazine, a national consumers’ guide for horse people, and the most comprehensive horse industry website in Canada. Our publications have set the standard for quality, value and service to the horse industry since 1991. With multiple magazine titles and new media strategies in progress, Horse Community Journals Inc. is an exciting place to work and grow.
We are seeking a motivated Advertising Sales Representative with sales experience, and/or a combination of education and training in sales and marketing, as well as horse experience.
Working under the supervision of the sales manager and the publisher, the successful candidate will perform the following duties and possess the following requisite skills and experience:
- Provide service to our existing client list, build and nurture relationships with current and new clients, and offer excellent customer service;
- Develop new business through prospecting and cold calling, selling advertising and related services for print and web;
- Prepare and deliver proposals to prospects and clients;
- Assist the sales manager with regular tasks such as data entry, preparing promotional mail-outs, e-blasts, and other maintenance duties and marketing initiatives for print and web;
- Have at least one year’s experience in sales and customer service;
- Be a self-motivated individual who works well both independently and with a team;
- Enjoy a busy work environment, handle changing priorities with ease while staying efficient and organized, and always be willing to assist in any other areas as needed;
- Possess excellent organizational skills, strong interpersonal skills, superior written and verbal communications skills, competent computer skills including accurate keyboarding, and excellent attention to detail;
- Have knowledge of the horse industry and, at minimum, two years of horse experience;
- Be available to attend industry events such as trade shows periodically.
The successful candidate will work within our office and learn all about the role of media and marketing in the horse industry. Training and ongoing support is provided. Knowledge of horses and the horse industry is essential. Must enjoy dogs as an office dog is present. This position is not commission-based.
Please submit your application by email to: email@example.com or by fax: 250-655-8913.
No phone calls or drop-ins please.