In This Issue
- The Hard Lives of Sable Island Horses - These tough little horses have adapted to the harsh realities of living on their island of sand, yet still face many challenges.
- Scientists May Attempt to Clone Ancient Foal - Global warming has revealed the frozen carcass of a now-extinct species of horse that lived more than 40,000 years ago.
- Tips for the Savvy Online Shopper - Pros and cons, and expert tips to help make your cybershopping a positive experience.
- Horsemanship with Jonathan Field - These exercises will teach your young horse to move forward with ease and willingness.
- The Longe Cavesson - This indispensable tool for groundwork is one of the most useful pieces of equipment you can own.
- Go Horse Camping for Fun and Adventure - The essentials of camping with your horse – any rider can get out there and join the fun.
- In the Matter of Fairness - A Nova Scotia rider loses her amateur status and receives harsh penalties after accepting an honorarium for volunteering.
- Canadian Farm Builders 2018 Award Winners - Talk about dream barns! Check out the winning entries in the equine categories.
BARNS AND PROPERTY
- Barn on Fire! - Horse barn fires are the most common of all farm fires. Learn these fire prevention strategies to reduce the ever-present risk.
- About Fence! - Fencing is an essential part of any horse farm. Our experts weigh in on this valuable investment in protecting your horses and safeguarding your property.
- Let’s Talk MUD - Take these steps to reduce the mud on your farm and create a safer environment for your horses.
- Feeding Myths and Misconceptions - How to find accurate, reliable information about equine feeding and nutrition in the era of “alternative facts” and propaganda.
- Happy Hips for Horse and Rider - The pelvis is complex area that impacts every other part of the body.
- Celebration of Horses Photo Contest
- Horse Council BC News
- Products We Love
- Country Homes & Acreages
- Canadian Therapeutic Riding Association News
- Manitoba Horse Council News
Buy Your Issue Here