Coming to Smithers Sept 14 and Quesnel Sept 29, 2019
The Horse Council BC Community Talks Travelling Road Show Equine Education Summit is making its way to the Prestige Hudson Bay Lodge in Smithers, BC on Saturday, September 14 for a fun day of learning from expert speakers. This is the second stop on the travelling tour; the first stop this year was in Nelson BC on May 5, 2019, and the third stop will be at the Billy Barker Casino Hotel in Quesnel, BC, on Sunday, September 29.
You do not need to be a Horse Council BC member to attend these educational events, and admission is by donation to the HCBC Animal Disaster Relief Fund. Topics will include Nutritional Needs of Horses, Equine Parasite Management and Vaccination, Emergency Veterinary Care/First Aid, and Disaster Preparedness.
HCBC would like to thank Community Talks Travelling Road Show speakers for bringing their knowledge to BC’s horse community:
- Ken Wilkinson, Equine Nutritionist, on Nutritional Needs of Horses
- Dr. Melanie Wowk, B.SC, DVM, Zoetis Manager Veterinary Services (Smithers) and Dr. Alycia Chrenek (Quesnel) on Equine Parasite Management and Vaccination Overview
- Dr. Nora Chavarria, DVM on Emergency Veterinary Care and First Aid
- Trevor Tapp, AgSafe’s Consultant in the Central Interior Region on Disaster Preparedness
- Veterinary Medicine – speaker to be announced.
Be sure to pre-register so you don’t miss out! Visit the Horse Council BC website for more information and to save your spot.
About the Community Talks Travelling Road Show
The Community Talks Travelling Road Show is a program started by Horse Council BC in 2017. Its goal is to bring a day of equine education to communities around the province. Every stop on the Road Show includes expert speakers presenting on a wide range of topics. The 2019 program is sponsored by Otter Co-Op, SciencePure Nutraceuticals Inc., Zoetis Canada Inc., Western College of Veterinary Medicine, AgSafe, and Canadian Horse Journal.
Learn more at the Horse Council BC website.