Source: Alberta Equestrian Federation
March 16, 2020
Dear AEF Members,
The situation involving the COVID-19 virus is rapidly evolving and requires everyone’s effort in being vigilant and proactive. Please see below for important equestrian community updates regarding this current situation:
Following the recent developments and updates regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, the Alberta Equestrian Federation has made the decision to cancel equestrian-related activities effective March 16 - April 19, 2020 (subject to change as updates are provided).
These cancellations include:
- All sanctioned competitions run by AEF/EC
- All clinics & events run by AEF/EC
- All coaching-related events run by AEF/EC, including Rider Level Testing & Instructor/Coach Evaluations
- Stride With Us Banquet (as previously noted on March 13th, 2020)
Club, Stable & Facility Operations
We strongly urge all stables, facilities, and clubs to suspend/cancel all activities and events scheduled between now and April 19, 2020, to ensure the health and safety of all equestrians.
AEF Office & Staff
Effective March 16, 2020, the AEF Office will be closed and team members will be working remotely until further notice, following the recommendations of the Government of Canada. We will keep our membership updated and informed as to when plans will be made to reopen.
Staff will be available via email. Any voicemails will be sent directly to team email inboxes, and we will do our best to get back to you in a timely manner.
If your matter is urgent, please reach out via email:
- Executive Director, Sonia Dantu - email@example.com
- Membership Coordinator, Norma Cnudde - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coaching Coordinator, Erin Rabeau - email@example.com
- Competitions Coordinator, Hilary MacDonald - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finance Coordinator, Rita Bernard - email@example.com
Annual General Meeting
On March 21, 2020, the AEF Annual General Meeting will take place via Zoom webinar from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm, MST. To participate, please see details below:
- Join via Zoom Meeting - https://zoom.us/j/223306780
- Meeting ID: 223 306 780
- Dial: +1 647 558 0588 (Canada)
- Please note that you do not need a Zoom account to participate
- Please dial in 5 minutes prior to Zoom meeting
- The 2020 AGM Meeting Agenda, Annual Report and 2019 Meeting Minutes may be found here.
All members are strongly advised to follow the recommendations and stay up to date and educated on the current situation involving COVID-19. This includes practicing social distancing (avoiding contact with others keeping at least a 6ft distance), and avoiding large crowds, stables and/or gatherings.
You may also keep up to date through the following resources:
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Info for Albertans
- Public Health Agency of Canada's Community-Based Measures
- Equestrian Canada Statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Equestrian Events Cancelled Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Caring for your Horse During a Pandemic - Equine Guelph
We thank you, our members and the equestrian community of Alberta, for your cooperation and patience during this time. The health and safety of our community is our top priority.
AEF Board of Directors & Staff